PMSM/19six Architects is looking to expand our services to include structural engineering, in a desire to better serve our clients. Our firm offers a diverse and collaborative environment with passionate and innovative professionals. We invest in all staff and provide opportunities for professional and personal development.
The Structural Project Engineer position requires a highly motivated individual who will be responsible for the design of structural systems from schematics through construction administration for selected projects.
Project Role and Responsibility
- Collaborate with our design team and other disciplines.
- Design structural building systems and prepare detailed structural engineering drawings and calculations.
- Develop structural designs from concept through completion of construction.
- Prepare detailed engineering reports and narratives.
- Collaborate with architectural team, engineers and clients as part of our integrated design process.
- Executes and controls structural engineering project assignments to achieve project goals within scope, budget, and schedules.
- Responsible for the production of construction documents using Revit and AutoCAD.
- Write and review specifications
- Review shop drawings, RFI’s, and submittals during construction administration.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Architectural Engineering or Civil Engineering is required, Masters is a plus.
- Must be a Licensed Structural Engineer SE in California.
- Six plus (6+) years’ experience in Structural Engineering including the design of concrete, masonry, steel, and wood materials; gravity and lateral systems.
- Experience working with DSA and OSHPD is required.
- In depth understanding of educational and healthcare building materials systems and assemblies.
- Working knowledge of current structural software such as ETABS, SAP2000, SAFE, RISA.
- Goal oriented with strong skills in problem solving, creativity, and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience and interest in sustainable building design.
- Experience with BIM including Autodesk Revit workflow.