PURPOSE OF POSITION
As the Office Administrator/Bookkeeper, you will be working with staff in the San Luis Obispo as well as the Santa Barbara office to draft and manage client and consultant contracts, provide accounting assistance to the Controller, and facilitate the day-to-day operations of the office.
Project Role and Responsibility
- Work with project managers across both offices to draft consultant and client contracts in accordance with AIA standards.
- Perform A/P data entry functions.
- Weekly bank deposits and monthly bank reconciliations.
- Oversee monthly credit card expense inputs and payment.
- Assist in monthly client billing and consultant accruals.
- Maintain consultant insurance certificates.
- Assist with any other administrative duties which include: copying, sorting, filing, mailing, etc.
- Setup new projects, vendors, etc. in our ERP software.
- Greet all visitors and handle incoming calls.
- Coordinate lunches, events, travel reservations, meetings, etc. for staff as needed.
- Maintain the appropriate level of office/breakroom supplies.
- Receive and coordinate incoming/outgoing shipments (courier, overnight, mail)
- Assist in conducting new employee orientation in the office.
- Maintain electronic and hard copy filing system in the office, as well as offsite storage.
- Ad-hoc administrative support for other functions.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or two-year associate’s degree preferred (equivalent work experience will be considered).
- 4+ years of experience in an administrative role. Experience in a professional services firm is a plus.
- 2+ years of bookkeeping experience.
- Working knowledge of our ERP system, Deltek Vision, is a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strong organizational traits and accepting of feedback.
- Ability to prioritize projects and strong problem-solving skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail is a must.